Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dudleyspinner Handpainted Tie Dye Wool Roving Combed Top/ Crabapple Cove

dudleyspinner on etsy
This is Crabapple Cove a combed top hand dyed roving that I spun up. I spun it from one end, then navajo plyed the singles into a three ply yarn. Tune in tomorrow to see the finished yarn. It looks a little like a watermelon when plyed.
When a piece of roving is in my inventory for a while, I usually end up spinning it just to see how it will look when done. I think this yarn may end up as socks for me, if it stays in my inventory too long.

Deb

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lori Tan said...

Hi Debbie,
Are you attending the yarn event in shawnee mission kansas at the end of March (sunflower knitting guild)?
If not how can I purchase the cranapple cove roving.
I am new to spinning and wondered how many ounces I would need to knit a pair of socks?
Thanks, Lori

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Lori, I am just getting information about the Sunflower Knitting Guild event in Sahwnee Mission. You will probably need about 4-6 ounces for a pair of socks. This Crabapple Cove has been sold, but I can hopefully find something very similar. Email me at deb@dudleyspinner.com and I can get the details to you.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home