Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving/ Combed Top, Wool Roving, Got Lemons? Make Lemonaide

A visit to the local Pizza Hut the other day gave me some odd leftovers. We got bread sticks with our order, it was the deal of the day and included so I got them. When I got home, the bread sticks were not cut. If you live where I do, getting your order at the Pizza Hut is like playing roulette. Getting what you order is always a gamble. So the uncut bread sticks, while not ideal,  was not going to send me back to the store in an outrage. I choose my battles more carefully. The breadsticks were not eaten, not a one, so I cut them up into cubes to be used later. Today is later and they found their way into a crustless Quiche. I put six eggs in a bowl and beat them until foamy, put the bread cubes into a cup and poured about 1/2 cup of milk on them to soften a little. I added a few diced tomatoes, the marinara dipping sauce from the breadsticks,  some fantastic local cheddar cheese,some salt and pepper and some leftover pinto beans with ground beef that was in the fridge. All this went into a baking dish and is smelling wonderful. Not exactly lemons, but I did use up the leftovers and did not let it go to waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home