Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving Teaches Free Form Crochet Working in Ends As You Design Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza 2014

When starting a scrumble  I like to work in the ends as I crochet. When making a starting circle, leave a tail a couple inches long. Hold the end of the yarn to the left and work over that end,into the center of the circle. covering it well. I also leave a tail when adding a new color of yarn. Hold that to the left and work over it, into the work and cover well. I have included a needle felting needle in your hand out packet, I use this to completely secure the ends. I  use a felt ball to set the work on, find the yarn end, needle felt it down, trying not to poke deeply, just stay on top of the ball, and move often so it does not stick to the ball. By securing the ends, your finished piece looks very neat and professional. Stray ends look unkempt and yell home made, not hand made. By finishing as you create, when you are done, you are done. Your finished piece is ready to use and enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home