Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Dudleyspinner Designs a Lacy Sock For Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving

 This is the lacy sock that I am designing for the class I am teaching at the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza   September 18 -20 in Hot Springs Arkansas.  I have the first sock almost done. This has a band heel and a star toe.  I am using  Brown Sheep SY which is 80% superwash wool 20% nylon.  I am using a 2.0 mm needle or size 0.  I do hope that after washing the yarn plumps up a bit. I don't often buy commercial yarns. I am spoiled. My hand spun yarns do not split like this. I did purchase two cones of this and will be dying it up in sock knitting quantities. Personally I do prefer hand spun for socks, however if you are making socks for someone that will throw them in the washer this would be a good option.

 Close up of the feather and fan pattern. It looks good on a sock, in a scarf or afghan. A good introduction to lace knitting. The pattern will always even out, you increase 6 and decrease 6 to make the pattern. This is a simple lace, only 4 rows to remember and 3 of those are just knit!
 The star toe is a nice easy to work and adjust for fit.  The toe is divided onto 4 needles and the decrease is worked at the end of each needle. This is why I really like sets of 5 for sock needles.
My Nantucket basket that is the gremmel catcher for my Schacht spinning wheel. From S. Yarmouth, MA

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home