Monday, August 04, 2014

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza, Hot Springs Arkansas

This little plastic flower loom can be used with unspun dudleyspinner roving.
I just followed the numbers and wrapped the unspun roving around each peg in a figure 8 pattern. Then I took a coordinating yarn and stitched over two loops, then under one loop until the loops are all secured. to fill in the center I took some of the yarn and used a felting needle to secure the center. To use this little flower in a free form piece I will just hook through the loops and build around it.  I love to visit thrift stores and have a collection of little tools like this. This is one of the scrumble starters I will have at my class at the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza, Hot Springs Arkansas Sept 18-21. It is a very easy method of making a little flower shape. The possibilities are endless.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home