Saturday, January 14, 2006

Handspun Wool Felted Irish Cable Bag

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is a knitted then felted bag I made for Amelia for Christmas. All the yarn was handspun by me. I actually finished putting the linen lining with pockets in last night. Only a little late!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It has a magnetic snap closure. The one section is about 50%/50% wool/ hemp. That part did not felt. I want to do some test swatches on a hemp/wool/alpaca yarn that I am spinning. If I test it I will know if it shrinks at all. That would be nice, haveing a really nice sweater that was machine washable!
Ta,
Deb

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lynlee said...

That is possibly the coolest bag I have ever seen. Nice work!

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynlee,
Thank you! It looks much better in real life than the photo, I need some sunshine and natural light. I had the tripod and camera all set up so just shot it with a flash.Its unique thats for sure.
Deb

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Diana, Thanks, it is, sort of, It is based on the bag in Folk Bags by Vicky Square. The two sides are different, which I find handy for remembering where I put my car keys. The handle is done with a spool holder, using it like a knitting nancy. I may have added the cables up the sides too. I do need a better photo, you cantt see the cable details.
Glad you like it!
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home