Thursday, July 08, 2010

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving/Combed Top: There's Nothing Like a Near Death Experience

To put things into perspective.

I was driving on Highway 50 today and had the front driver's side tire blow. It was so shredded that there was only a little frayed rim of rubber left on the battered wheel.

If you know anything about HWY 50 through Kansas it is one of the deadliest highways in the country. It is about 80% semi truck traffic between Garden City and Iowa Beef in Emporia so about every minit standing on the shoulder an 18 wheeler is whooshing by. And here I am on the side of the road after sliding 200 feet sparks flying, no doubt, on my front rim. I was in a little bit of shock and didn't quite know what to do. Lucky for me a very nice truck driver stopped and changed my tire. It had not really hit me that I have a doughnut in the trunk, I am trying to find a tow truck to come and get the car.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Christine said...

OH! So glad you're ok. I've driven that highway many times and it would be a horrible place for a blow-out. Thank goodness for nice truck drivers and SO SO SO glad it worked out ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home