Friday, February 26, 2010

Dudleyspinner Handpainted Tie Dye Roving Combed Top


When you live in Kansas you just never know when a wagon train will be passing through. I didn't have the heart to tell them they were headed towards Kansas City. But then again they could have been Bullwhackers headed for Bridgeport for another load. We didn't have time for an interview.
This artwork is on the Santa Fe Trail, just north of Hope on Hwy K-4.

I have spent the past four days preparing for the 2010 Census in Hope. Hope is a small town that is very friendly. "There is always Hope, In Hope" is the town motto.

We split up into pairs and went out to practice what we had learned all week. Virginia drove her car, I rode shotgun. When we got to this road, I said I would not drive down it. Virginia says "Oh what the heck, let's go for it, It doesn't look that bad." I was very glad she was driving.

We get about one fourth of the way down the road and the mud! It is just getting deeper and deeper. We can't go forward, so she backs up the quarter mile of mud road.



We have to document this victory.


Deb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home