Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dudleyspinner tie dye roving, combed top Contest, Bailout Schmailout! The winner IS:



Hooterville is available in my web store
The winner of my contest is Dutch Moeder. I will be sending her the four ounces of fiber.

Yesterday I took a little road trip with my husband to Holmesville, Nebraska to visit a friend. Her mom passed away last week and she is back at the house she grew up in to take care of her Dad and get the house ready to sell. It was sad to think that it will very possibly be the last time I ever take a nap in Holmesville.

Taking a nap was a long standing tradition. At least once during every visit there would be time for a nap. Not usually more than half an hour or so, just a short little lie down and close your eyes and rest for a little bit.

So the passing of an era has come. We sat at her families table for one last meal, took a walk to the river and visited and laughed. Listened to her Dads stories and drove away. Good bye Holmesville. I think I will go take a nap.
Deb

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger DutchMoeder said...

Thank you again! I can't wait to spin with it! The trees are slowly already starting to change here and I can't wait to go outside and enjoy them with the lovely matching fiber!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home