Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving/Combed Top: Rosemary's Andean Plying Bracelet



I needed to ply a small amount of yarn that I am spinning for a gentleman to repair a Transitional Navajo Rug. I spun the yarn on the Schacht Matchless about 20 wpi. Then I wound it off onto a weaving bobbin I happened to have around and let it rest for a couple of days. Then I wound it onto this tiny niddy noddy I have. I think it is really a Christmas ornament, but I used it to make an Andean plying bracelet which I had read about in this blog. It worked like a charm, (bracelet) sorry, bad pun. I used Captain Jack to ply the singles. A few feet of it I Navajo plied. I will send all the yarn I spun, even the samples that are not the right color. He might have a use for them, much more than I will.
I just need to wash it and get the yarn sent to the weaver. The color is called Turkish Red. The sample that the weaver sent me is so dried out I thought it was hemp. It nearly flashed in a burn test. I guess when wool gets that old it is much more flamable. This has been a good excercise in matching a color. It was a little more difficult than I expected.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home