Thursday, September 02, 2010

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving/Combed Top: Time for a Contest


Isola 1 is 4 ounces or 112 grams which I will be giving away in my contest.
Contest Rules
Leave a comment telling me what country you are from and why you need a little love in the form of a soft, cushy piece of Dudleyspinner tie dyed combed top. This 100% wool roving can be yours if your I find your reasons compelling. I have another piece of this same dye lot that is available in my store.

I am standing at the threashold of the twenty first century. I have struggled with a dial up internet connection for so long now. I am trying different methods of connecting to the internet. A 3g modem is being tested and so far, it's great. I just wish when you sign up for service they would tell you the whole cost. This is going to be about forty bucks more than the original advertised price. I will try whining and threatening tomorrow to see if they will wave the extra fees for a year. If not, I guess it will be going back and I will slog along with dial up until something affordable arrives in the boondocks. I love living in the country, but it does have it's drawbacks.
Deb

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous JoanneF said...

Hi. I'm from New Zealand. I need a little love in the form of your spectacular roving :) We have had huge upheval in the last year, hubby and I swapping turn about until one of us got a full time job again. Finally it happened, hubby is back at work ... and I was struck down with months of sickness - joined occassionally by the children LOL Me, stressed much over the last year? I guess my body is trying to tell me something! LOL
We are just coming into spring here in NZ, bringing with it the typical changeable weather (17degrees C yesterday, snow flurries today!) - your colourway reminds me of the good things the new season has to offer us.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Hi, I'm also from NZ; in fact Joanne and I are friends IRL! We have just been through appliance hell. Washing machine died, and we had a fight for the retailer to pay for part of it as it was too young to die. TV and DVD player got killed by my youngest son, luckily he was ok. And our dishwasher just died as well, we have a very big bill coming for that one! It's also been a really bad winter for sickness here. I need some springtime hope.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Lovely hand dyed stuff. I always adore your colorways. :)

I've not had it too bad, so send your roving to NZ!

PS-American, from KC area in Kansas. Spinner, Knitter, Crocheter, and the works.

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am from the cathedral city of Lichfield UK http://www.visitlichfield.co.uk/
I love the roving, but agree that it should definitely go to a good home in New Zealand as it will bring them some cheer that they need!
Sandra

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Diana said...

I just want to say the roving is beautiful. Please don't enter me in the contest. I have purchased from you before, and your roving is wonderful to spin. I would like someone to win that has never experienced eye candy - the dye job is to die for! Baldwinsville, NY

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Emma said...

I love your roving. I am from australia. I need love from your beautiful roving as I am in the middle of moving house with 3 little kiddies. I just bought myself my first 2nd hand spinning wheel after spinning on a drop spindle for awhile but because I have so so much to pack I have not had a chance to play with my beautiful new wheel. I would love to have something as lovely as your roving to start on once i have moved!

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous hbacmama on rav said...

I'm from Canada.
I have RCMP uniform clad moose (he is in storage at the moment... but trust me he is cute) by the name of Dudley. I saved my allowance for him!
hee.
I just want to toss my hat in the ring so to speak.
Today I found out my divorce proceedings will be case law up here, I'm gonna be in a text book!
ahem trying to be excited, not working
:-)
Adding you to my list of 'must buy fibre from this person'.

cheers.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger ChelleC said...

Hi, I know Christine - one of the earlier commenters, she is a doll. Anyway, like her, I love your colorway and admire it greatly, but don't have need as they others have said. I just wanted to tell you that I've visited your blog and enjoy it and I LOVE your sense of color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home