Friday, November 02, 2007

Fall Leaves and water dudleyspinner tie dye roving


fallleavesandwater
Originally uploaded by dudleyspinner

Two weeks on the road, over 2300 miles of train travel. A week of sleep to recuperate. I used to be able to sleep on the train, not anymore. It was a great trip visiting family in Cincinnati, Ohio; Washington D.C. and Fort Wayne, Indiana. We saw so many cities, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cleveland. In Cincinnati we visited the Real Pirates exhibit. It is a traveling exhibit so if it comes to your town go see it.
The train stations in DC and Chicago and Cincinnati are huge cathedrals of capitalism. Giant domed spaces with statues and art deco architecture.
The beautiful leaves at the lake were taken at the Gene Stratton Porter homestead and gardens near Rome City, Indiana. I miss the huge trees that really change color. Kansas has the grasses that change, but the trees just mostly turn yellow. Seeing the maples and beech trees change was just spectacular!
Deb

3 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

That is a wonderful picture and the trip sounds just fabulous! I think I'm a bit spoiled by all the fall colors here in Maine. But, I really do appreciate it!

Have a great week!

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful train trip. And there is no better time for a train trip than fall. Did you get a great deal of knitting accomplished during the trip?

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Diana,
I miss your blog, It made me laugh!
Yes I did get some work done on a shawl, but crochet, it is a little safer on a bumpy train! The shawl I was working on the outside edge which is crocheted, so I had my blankie and a project all in one. It was a nice cover when trying to sleep on the train.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home