Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What Does This Key Go To? by Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving

Hand Dyed Wool Roving
Dying more wool this week to take to the Midwest Weavers Conference 
It is in Emporia, KS in June  I am dying hand spun yarns and combed top to take as a vendor at the conference.  I wish I could take some of the classes.  Being a vendor I will have to man my booth so I will miss out on some interesting speakers and learning opportunities. 







Spending time in my studio I find myself looking at a key hanging on the key rack.  I haven't looked at this set of keys for a very long time.  I don't have either of the cars that the silver keys belong to. Those cars are long ago crushed, I am sure.

 That little flower power key is the one that takes me back. and the reason that the keys have not been thrown out.
Key to the Past

That little hippie tie dye key is the only physical reminder of an experience that was very bad, in some ways and very good in another way.


The key was to my sisters house.  She was recovering from a stroke.  I was there to help her.
The reason I was there was very bad.  The time I spent was very good.  Spending that much time together would not have happened if not for the health problems.  There is a little bit of good in everything. The key is a reminder to me to spend time with the people I love.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Deb, having you here made my recovery so much better. I needed my sister to help me get my life back to some kind of normalcy. I can't thank you enough for dropping everything and helping me adapt.

That key is me--FLOWER POWER!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Can't wait to see you in Emporia in June. I'm taking as many classes as they will let me but then I'm not a vendor. My husband and I will be photographing the fashion show so I probably won't participate in it. See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home