Friday, October 11, 2013

Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Wool Roving ~~~Driving in Colorado

Slap Happy after driving all day

Deb and Kim breakfast at the Woodland Inn
 The B&B was a welcome sight. Colorado Springs has grown in the ten years since I was in the area last. I got a little lost, but finally with the GPS we wound our way through the residential area we ended up in, after exiting to avoid going to Denver.

Had to beware of the bears! So, no food in the van.

Down in the Valley

This is the storm that flooded the Boulder area

Wicked Storm
 Breakfast was wonderful. We got enough coffee to hit the road to Buena Vista.
 I would stay here again, it was nice. The owners left after we arrived and it felt fine to make ourselves at home. The couple was very welcoming and friendly. They have bears in their yard sometimes. As a precaution we took our food in the house and into their refrigerator. That was actually quite nice, as she froze my gallon jug so we were set for ice the next day.
Wild Weather to our North


Malgudi available in my Etsy store


The road to Buena Vista is a very nice drive.
There are no high passes, just driving between the
mountains. Most of the rain went to the North of
us.

 This is the storm that flooded Boulder,

Jamestown, Estes Park, Fort Collins. We were so

lucky to have decided to visit Ouray, Telluride and

Durango, instead of going to the north. I have been

in the Boulder, Longmont and Estes Park area several times. That would have been my first inclination. To go to the area when I have been and know my way around a little. However, when we were looking for things to do,  Telluride popped up. The Blues and Brews festival had a free concert on Thursday night. We could get a room and the path was set.


A  stop a the Serendipity yarn and gift shop was
great, I ordered a whorl for my Schacht spinning wheel. I got a slow whorl to make some art yarns.



The wild weather to our North kept the sky changing  and just looking scary all day long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home