Thursday, August 25, 2005

Alchemy 101

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
dyes
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I definetly feel like a chemist with my dust mask and gloves. I know why labortories are air conditioned!
Alchemy \'al-ke-me\ n
1: a midieval chemical science and speculatve philosophy aiming to achieve the tranmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life
2: a power or process of tranforming something common into something special
3: an inexplicable or mysterious transmuting.
So today I am calling myself an alchemist. Fiber Artist/alchemist.

While I was hanging up this roving to dry my mind wandered to thoughts of fall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It's funny how fall colors, the warm colors, are the colors that nature reveals when the weather starts to get cool.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And the cool colors are what you crave when the weather is hottest in the summer.

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Marlo,
I need some way to contact you if you win!! Please leave some pathway to reach you.
Ta,



Deb

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger StarKnits said...

OMG that is a beautiful dye job! EACH pix! LOL i'm loveing the blues!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home