Saturday, August 27, 2005

And The WINNER IS!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


These are in my front yard, actually it is a pasture of brome grass that is between my house and the road. Kansas IS the sunflower state you know.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cordelia won the skein of yarn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I put all the names into a jar, shook them up and CORDELIA is the winner! Thanks to Diana, and Marlo, and Allena for your answers.
That bump of wool roving is getting dyed up fast. It was about 30 pounds before I took any off.

I have been dying wool like a fiend for the past 72 hours. A marathon dyeing session.
There is wool hanging everywhere. Colorful! I did some warm colors, cool colors and some rainbows. I think it was about 8 batches, about 8 pounds. Its all a blur to me at the moment, and I need to get crackin again. Back to the sink and kettles and clothesline.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the white yarn from a few days ago. I couldn't leave it white! Too ordinary, too boring. I LOVE color!
Ta,
Deb

2 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Holy Smokes...I never win anything!
Maybe you should read the anme again, just to make sure.
WOW, wtg on your crazy dying sessions. You know there will be folk songs written about "Deb and her dying of the wool".

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Cordelia,
Yeah to to tune of the Edmond Fitzgerald. I feel like I am sinking in a sea of wool and dyes!
This is a big trip for me about 400 miles to get there, so I have to have enough stock to make it worthwhile. I am getting there. I think about 35-40 pounds of roving should be enough.
I hope.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home