Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Christmas Poem

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This Christmas...

I want to feel the magic,
I felt when I was seven.

On a deep cold night,
As the first snow fell.

I stood beneath the light of my house,
The smell of coal smoke in the air,
To watch the snowflakes,
Zig-Zag,
Their crazy way to earth.

The only sound,
The snow,
Hissing down.

The next morning,
I stood at the window,
Waiting for the school bus.

Looking at Woodburn's water tower,
Ten miles away,
Covered in colored lights,
Against the snow covered groud,
Appeared to me to be,
The Crown
The Magi carried to,
The Babe.

The rising planet Venus,
The Star of Bethlehem.

by Deb Brandt
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Lovely images, thanks for posting the poem! Now for the greedy part...should I be stalking the mailman? Wendy

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Wendy,
Don't accost the mail man yet. I am running behind with mailing out packages, but plan to have it in the mail this week. Trying to get all the pressies done has taken its toll, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home