Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lacey Scarf

Image hosting by Photobucket
I am writing the pattern up for this scarf. It is knit with dudleyspinner yarn that is about 17-19 wraps per inch. This makes it lightweight, but quite warm. The scarf has great drape, weighing only 4 3/4 ounces the scarf is 14" wide, x 38" long. I want to show how a lightweight singles yarn can be knit into a fashionable item.



Image hosting by Photobucket
This yarn was spun from Harriet, a roving with a very unusual colorway. It made a rather striking yarn and knitting it as a singles really shows the yarn to the best advantage.
Ta,
Deb

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Crys said...

Absolutely gorgeous yarn! I'm a crocheter that's planning to learn to knit this year.

Maybe next year I can be a pattern tester for you :)

And now that I'm beginning to spin, I'll be looking closer at your roving offerings...

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Hi Deb - just taking some time to read blogs, yours is one of the first I've turned to. I enjoyed your essay about farm, food, daughters (mine just turned 18 today-the baby...) and I love your singles scarf. Look forward to seeing the pattern - will you be selling it?
happy fiber heart,
'zann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home