Friday, May 04, 2007

Needle Felt Piece Hand Painted Wool Roving/ Combed Top by dudleyspinner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
this is a felt piece that I have been working on for a while.

What direction do you think it should go?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The felt is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick and not really firmed up. That gives me options but I am not sure what to do with this piece.

It is about 9 feet long and 2 feet wide, but is not straight on the one side, more felting could make it straighter and thicker.
The felt is too uneven to be a rug on this slick nearly 100 year old pine floor.
What about window treatments? It would be very insulating. My husband works nights so having the room dark is a good thing. I was toying with the idea of cutting it in half and putting it on two frames like shutters for the narrow window in the room.

Leave a suggestion in the comments please.
Deb

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: