Saturday, February 09, 2008

Teaching at Longmont Dudleyspinner Handpainted Tie Dye Roving (TM) Combed Top

Photobucket
Photobucket
This gentleman was game enough to try spinning with a drop spindle at the Handweavers Guild of Boulder Annual Sale in Longmont Colorado in December. He stuck with it long enough to spin a pretty nice yarn and was asking his friend about borrowing a wheel to use. He was laid off work and thought it would keep him busy. Good idea.
Photobucket I got some spinning done while the electricity was out for 8 days. I can spin in the dark! I never knew that. It may help that it was some dayglow orange dudleyspinner roving I was spinning
hemp fiber ,hand dyed
I got a bump of hemp fiber to play around with. I got some really good color when dying this colonial blue. This is available on etsy
dudleyspinner tie dye roving
Toronto on etsy
dudleyspinner tie dye roving
Dorotea on Etsy

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger wheelinsticks said...

I love the roving. No the shawl is actually a Hemlockring Blanket. I just love it. I want to make a Pi shawl over summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home