Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sheep to Shawl at World Sheep and Fiber Arts Festival Bethel, MO

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
You can see both teams here
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I was a little dissapointed to get a red ribbon on my wilde greenies socks, until I saw the best in division for knitted garment
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This was handspun, handknit cashmere and silk, wedding ring shawl! Exquisite lace knitting! It is held up here by the spinner/knitter and her husband. I only wish I was this good of a knitter. Following patterns is not my forte. I like to create on the fly. I am a" by the seat of my pants" knitter!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Little Miss Bo Peep was in the lead line competition. There were activities and games for the kids. There was also Mutton Busting, for those who may never have heard of it, that is riding a wild sheep. The kids put on helmets and let er rip! Rodeo training for the younger braver crowd.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I entered five items in the fiber arts competition, I got this blue,(best in division) a blue on my felted fedora with felt rose, red on the wilde greenies socks,a red on my handspun yarn a red on this beret

1 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ribbons. Great job. Love the socks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home