Friday, June 23, 2006

Estes Park, Colorado Wool Market


Estes Park, Colorado
Originally uploaded by Bachir.
This beautiful setting in Estes Park was the backdrop for the Wool Market. Alpaca, llamas, sheep, goats and so many wonderful people. I had a great trip.

There were a few adventures along the way of course. While heading out to Colorado I was driving my 4x4 truck with a slide in camper which is quite tall. I can stand up in the camper quite comforatbly, but then I am only 5'4" tall. The camper is about 2 and a half feet higher than the cab of the truck. There was a wind and dust storm from about Russel Kansas all the way to Denver. So I was fighting the crosswind the whole way. I could only drive about 40-55 miles an hour on the interstate. The high wind advisory did keep the trucks going slow too, so I was not the only one fighting the wind.

I was getting out of the camper and the wind pushed the door into my backside, the curtain rod hanger caught my pants and I completely ripped my pants! A bare your ass momemnt for sure. I found some jeans and went on down the road.

The free form crochet class went very well. Free form is one of those things that I get all excited about. Imagine taking all those pesky UFO's hovering around and turning them into an afghan!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home