Monday, December 11, 2006

AMBRIDGE DUDLEYSPINNER HANDPAINTED ROVING/COMBED TOP

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is one of my most favorite crocheted pieces that I have ever made.
One reason I like it so much is I got paid to make it. Not directly to make it, but there was a lot of elbow time on this job.

Waiting for the phone to ring when you supply agricultural products is a long day when it rains, or the Kansas wind blows. I read stacks of books, Knit and crocheted to pass the time.

So I was allowed to knit, crochet or whatever I wanted as long as I could put it

down and answer the phone, take an order and do the paperwork.

One day UPS came rumbling across the scales. Merrill delivered a large bag of llama fiber to the office. I spent the afternoon washing locks of llama in the bathroom sink and drying them in my car. That was a hoot. Hey, while the boss is away the mice will play.

My boss had basically abandoned the place because he is an alcoholic with a gambling problem. His creditors would call continually especially on payday, Fridays. MR. spent as much time as possible away from the phones. I was there by myself 99% of the time.

So I crocheted this doily to keep my hands busy. It is a complicated pattern with so much counting, so it is not perfect by any means, but I did get paid to crochet it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
AMBRIDGE ON DUDLEYSPINNER.COM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jessie Kitty a needle felted sculpture about 3 inches tall

Deb

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful crocheted piece! And to be able to pull out a paycheck along with it is just such a bonus! I try to sneak in the knitting at work, but the kids in my class all suddenly become highly needy the minute it leave the bag.

They are all out to get me. I just know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home