Friday, December 01, 2006

Hand Painted Roving, Aidensfield, Agrestic

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Agrestic is one of my latest dudleyspinner hand dyed/painted combed top rovings.

I can spin! This past weekend I was visiting with some friends and I was talking about how not spinning is driving me crazy. Well whining actually.

One of my friends suggested I talk to an occupational therapist about how to do what I want to and incoroporate my excercises into the work.

I didn't get to talk to an OT about what to do, but I have been learning quite alot about which muscles do what and had Tara, my PT critique my spinning technique using a drop spindle and changing the direction I pull the wool. Instead of pulling towards my body, I changed the angle so it is aduction, away from the body at a 90 degree angle. It is awkward, but it is spinning! Much more fun than actually excercizing.

That old saying about necessity being the Mother of invention is really true.

These two roving are up for sale as soon as I can get them listed.
Deb
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can spin! That is awesome!!! I know how frustrating it has been to be away from the fibery tasks and to have it become part of the therapy is just the best. Good job with the investigation and happy spinning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home