Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hand Dyed Roving, Do You Have an Accent?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I listed this roving on my Dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving store today. It is Acorn. It looks a bit Christmassy.
I got the latest batch of names for roving from this list of fictional towns

Do you have an accent? Take the quiz. I am a midwesterner, so my accent is pretty nonexistant. Maybe a slight drawl now that I have lived in Kansas for more than half my life after being in North East Indiana for the first 22 years. I like accents, I like to figure out where someone is from by the accent.

It appears that no one wants to join the MeMe. I can understand, with all the things we all have to do for the holidays who needs that on top of it right?

SO, I have decided to have a little contest.
Write a comment here, the subject is:
What is your favorite Christmas Memory.
(just substitute Holiday if you don't celebrate Christmas)

Leave a comment about your memory here.

Next Friday December 15, I will choose a winner of my favorite. You will get a surprize in the mail.

Deb

3 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful roving, per usual! I did the quiz a few days ago and came up as a dead-on Boston accent. No arguments there...I'm a yankee through and through!

My favorite Christmas memory was just a few years ago. My dad, not a crafty sort of guy and certainly not a knitter, became very fascinated with my new spinning hobby. I was using a low-end wheel at the time and he decided to upgrade me. At one point in his career, he taught Industrial Arts so his goal was to find one that he could assemble and finish himself. He spent months researching wheels and calling dealers. He settled on The Woolery, but even went so far as to track down the actual maker of the wheel to talk to him personally. A comical series of events led to my discovering the secret of my gift before the holiday, but it was still the nicest Christmas morning I've ever had. The spinning wheel is not the one I would have chosen, but it is the best one in the world as far as I'm concerned and even if I have a hundred more, this will always be my most used and loved.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Sheepie, Diana,
Those are both touching stories. I will be posting my as soon as I finish writing it.
Deb

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Annie,
Diana, send me your addresses I will get the surprise in the mail
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home