Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Train in The Distance


Foggy Morning
Originally uploaded by Lampy.
Some nights when I am laying in bed,
If the air is just right,
I hear the whistle of the train.

It carries me back
To a time long ago.
I would hear the whistle
and run to the door.

To flip the yard light
ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
and hear the whistle signal me
TOOT, TOOT,TO,TOOT TOOT, .....TOOT....TOOT

when He hears a whistle,
Does that engineer
go back to Gar Creek?
And remember the nights
when lights flashed Hello?
Deb

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to teach in an Alternative Ed. program that was somewhat off the beaten path. My desk was twenty feet from a railroad trestle. I could look into the trains as they passed. It always fascinated me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home