Thursday, January 11, 2007

Needle Felted Crochet Hook with dudleyspinner hand painted wool roving/combed top

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These crochet hooks have new little handles. I started by dipping the handle with elmers glue, then I wrapped some dudleyspinner roving around the handle. I left the size markings uncovered. After the wool is wrapped around I use a felting needle to needle felt the wool in place. A wet felting may be desired to get the handle as firm as you like. It will felt with use too, so it will continually get better.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This little pin cushion started out as a candle holder, it was white and ugly. I needle felted the top with a mushroom shape fitting down into the candle holder part. That was glued into place. A new wrapping of wool covering the whole thing except the very bottom. I leave the bottom just wood so the pin cushion sets level and doesn't tip over. That wrapped wool was then needle felted into place.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Angel Grove hand painted combed top/wool roving by dudleyspinner
EVERYTHING IS 20% OFF GIVE EBAY THE BOOT SALE UNTIL JAN 15!

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ideas!!! My primitive rug hook would look pretty nice with a felted coat...hmm! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home