Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Purple Purse with button accent /dudleyspinner handpainted wool roving/combed top

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a purple felted purse, that is mine. I needed a large bag with many secure pockets for travelling. This one has two zippered pockets, so far.
This was knit on a bulky knitting machine with lopi yarn. It was then felted in the washing machine. The pieces were sewn together by hand.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the detail of the flower embelishment design on the outside pocket.
I am working on adding buttons to another pocket for the other side. I have so many nice buttons, I may as well use them for embelishment. I used the bag over the new years weekend. I like it! The bag is like a mini overnight bag that stays organized because there is a space for everything, including a flashlight!

I like to have one of those with me. I live with brownouts and blackouts and it has come in handy on many occasions. I got a very cool led flashlight for Christmas, they are so much brighter than the old style flashlights.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I needle felted the covering on this felting needle. (say that six times fast and spin around and spit downwind!)
I think it will get listed on Etsy. Having a handle makes the needle so much easier on your hands to use for any length of time.
Deb
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool stuff, Deb! That needle-felted needlefelt needle cover is neat-o.
and I'm taggin you with the "6 Weird Things About Me" Meme.
Forgive me if you hate these things!!
Details in my blog entry if you want to play.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Diana,
Somehow purple has been the color of the last two purses I have made. I sure don't leave places, they are bright! I think more zippered pockets may be added. A few beads??? It could happen, I just found a stash of beads, oooh pretty, shiney beads
Deb

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said...

my felting needles actually came with a wooden thingie that you could put the needles in, and use several at once. i haven't gotten that far yet, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home