Sunday, May 06, 2007

Lime and Violet Scarf Circle II / Handpainted Wool Roving/ Combed Top by dudleyspinner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is my scarf beginning for the Lime and Violet Scarf Circle II. It is a lattice stitch pattern I wrote.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I found this ball of Noro at my local thrift store. This is why I can't stop going
to The Etc. Shop. I paid .49 for the ball of Noro Yarn. There is unloved GOOD yarn in them thar bins.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is Kat's scarf beginning with the K, I added a section of lattice stitch in a vintage "Red Heart" wool in purple. Yeah, back when I started knitting circa 1965 Red Heart sold wool yarn. Everybody sold Wool yarn at the local dimestore. I also used a strand of handspun alpaca that is off white. I just knitted them together without plying. The stitch is Lattice Stitch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thelma And Louise Natural Raw Grey Wool
$1.00 per generous pound plus shipping parcel post.
The staple length is from 4-6 inches. The girls could be Hampshire, Suffolk cross breed. It is soft enough, it makes wonderful socks and hats. It is best suited for outerwear.
There are second cuts the shearer my brother in law Lloyd only shears these two pet ewes.
Talk about virgin wool, they have never been bred. This does allow the wool to get quite long, no lambing stress.

There is prairie hay in and on the fleece. This takes some work, but is nice when it is washed and carded. It dyes into really deep rich colors.
Deb

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Deb
SOLD items on Etsy

4 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! Lucky you finding Noro at the Thrift Shop - what a find!!
Nice fleece too...I love playing with raw fleece :-)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Forty-nine cents...for Noro??? Wow! That is one good deal you got there. My local thrift stores only seem to have musty smelling Red Heart...

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Some days are diamonds, some days are stones. I was listening to a country radio station last night while the power was out.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

What a find! And such a beautiful colour too!Apparently you are a digger and not a skimmer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home