Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button


Handmade glass buttons by Deborah Conti, Des Moines, Iowa
Deb custom made these buttons for a vest I am making. It is going to be so COOL when it is done!

When I was a kid we would play Button, Button on the stairway to the upstairs. You start at the top of the stairs with one person holding the button in one hand, the other person guesses which hand, when you get it right, you go down a step.
Were we easily entertained? Yes, we would play this game for hours, and then play school with the large chalk board that was at the bottom of the stairs. The steps were where the students sat, the teacher got to draw on the chalkboard. It was a time before vidios, computers, and even eight track tapes. We played games we made up, or board games to entertain ourselves. Kick the Can, and football, baseball, golf. All in the large backyard, no uniforms, no adults. We played for the joy of playing. Kids don't often get to do that anymore.

Ta,
Deb

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger CraftyCritter said...

Deb sorry to spam you! But I adore those buttons! How amazing they are! I would so buy those! I can't wait to see your vest!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Cordelia,
Aren't they awsome! I am trying to get a link so if Deb sells them you could have some of your own.
Deb

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Lynlee said...

Cool buttons!

I am a mean mom. I don't allow her to sit in front of the TV or comp all day every day. She thinks she's getting gypped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home