Saturday, May 26, 2007

Door to Door Sales a Hard Sell: Hand dyed wool roving, combed top by dudleyspinner


Alpine Goat
Originally uploaded by young and with it
This is a story about a poor salesman who stopped at my house.
He parked the car under a tree in the yard.

It was hot, I was pregnant, big as a house and feeling a little irritable.

This salesman drives up and gets out of the car. I meet him outside, barefoot and pregnant. I ask what he is selling and he tries to be conversational. I am not in the mood.

I ask him if he has good car insurance. He says yes, why do I ask.

Because my goat is making dents in your car roof.

There was Daphne on the roof of his car, eating leaves off the tree he had parked under. The look on his face was priceless! He didn't stay around long enough to tell me what it was he was selling.
Deb

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, man...I need a goat!!! That would save me a great deal of trouble with uninvited visitors. I don't think my cats would bother waking up from their respective naps to help me out in this type of situation.

Great story!

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

LOve it! Silly man!

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home