Friday, May 11, 2007

Dudley! You Got Some Splainin' To DO -Dying Too~Handpainted Wool Roving/Combed Top by dudleyspinner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The latest dye run was a special order for Medium Reality. The Indy Car series. The flame paint job on a 59 Chevy to be exact. The yellow god was very fickle and I lost my big dishpan that I dye on the stove with. It was a granite pan and got a hole. I like dying with a white dishpan on the stove to get the best seperation of color because the dye strikes with more control by me. The substitute pan is smaller so I have less canvass to paint on.

CHECK IT OUT
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just looked at where all my gentle readers are coming from. Germany, Puru, Austrailia, Croatia, Brazil and the USA. WOW that nearly spans the globe. Let me know where you are from.

CONTEST:
Leave a message in the comments telling me where you are from and how you found your way here. I will pick a random number and that person will recieve a dudleyspinner Tie Dye Roving, I will choose one and post it here as soon as it is dry.
The contest will run until May 25.
Deb
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Needle felted pincushion
Canada,
New Zealand
Uk
Netherlands
France
Taiwan
Turkey
Sweden
Singapore,
Japan
Finland
Belgium
Denmark
India
Malaysia
Mexico
Portugal
China
Italy
Switerland
Austriala
Ireland
Poland
Chile
Hong Kong
Norway
Argentina
Philippines
Russian Federation
Saudi Arabia
Spain
Hungary
Israel
South Africa
Chech Rebublic
Iceland
Romania
Slovakia
Columbia
Ecuador
El Salvador
Estonia
Kazkhstan
Korea Republic
Kuwait
Malta
Oman
Sri Lanka
Thailand
Uganda
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
Venezuela
Yemen

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Redford Phyl said...

Looks like the first post. I'm almost local. Redford, Michigan, a western suburb of Detroit. I found you eons ago from the LimenViolet board. As a novice spinner, I drool looking at your gorgeous colors, Wish I had the talent.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Redford Phyl,
You mean to spin this stuff, it really spins itself, I just split it and add a little twist. I will post the create with unspun roving tutorial link, it shows how easy this roving is to spin, because you can knit with it without spinning.
Deb

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, I'm in Australia - I found you on etsy and clicked over here for a look to find out who was behind the gorgeous rovings!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

I am, as you are already aware, Canadian. I came via Lizzie's Yarns, which seems to be in limbo right now. I love the idea of dyeing in a pan!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dandy said...

I'm from sask, canada... i found you thru eBay long ago, never been a customer tho... the drool kepy ruining the keybrd...lol

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger GaietyGirl said...

Hello from Ireland! Dublin at the moment. I'm a LimeNViolet person as well :)

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from north of Boston, Massachusetts, and I first saw your gorgeous rovings several years ago, way before I became a spinner. I googled for your stuff recently and was absolutely thrilled to find that you're on Etsy now. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home