Friday, May 18, 2007

Tell Me How You Got Here Contest Handpainted Tie Dye Wool Roving Combed Top by dudleyspinner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

CONTEST RULES

Tell me where you are from and how you found my blog by leaving a comment. I am leaving the contest open until May 25. I will choose a random comment to receive a dudleyspinner roving. There is a list of countries that I have had visitors from, and it is amazing to me!

The Indy car series is done and up on the dudleyspinner etsy store
They are EXTREMELY bright, put your sunglasses on before you go take a look. There is Andretti, Danica, Brickyard and Indy.

I am a Hoosier and this weekend is the Indy 500. The inspiration is a flame paint job on a racecar. Blacks and red, oranges and yellows.

I have been downloading and listening to the Lime and Violet podcasts. The first episode they talk about being drawn into my booth at Estes Park as if by magic.

That just cracks me up! That booth was put together with spit and shoepolish! And clothesline holding it together! NO REALLY, here I am across from the Spin Off Booth and I am using camping equipment held together with clothesline feeling so out of my league. Thank Goodness I had all that lovley dudleyspinner fiber to cover it all up!
Deb

12 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Natasha said...

I am from Brisbane, Australia, and I found your blog from your siggy in the Lime'n'Violet message board.

I do often look at your etsy store, but unfortunatly havn't raised enough funds in my cookie jar yet, I soooo need a job lol...

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Ann-Marie MacKay said...

i am from Ontario, Canada and I found your blog after buying some roving from you site.
I think I first heard about you from Lime and Violet Podcast, but didn't really remember that until I listened to an old episode.
:)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said...

i first ran across you at Chappysmom. what she showed on her blog just made me drool, so i asked her for the link. you were having your dump ebay sale at the time. it just went from there.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Holly said...

MY HUSBAND FORWARDED THIS LINK TO ME. I'LL HAVE TO FIND OUT WERE HE GOT IT. WAY TO FEED THE HABIT HONEY! LIVING IN IRELAND, BUT WILL BE IN THE US THIS SUMMER. LOVELY STUFF!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I think the fiber speaks more loudly than its surroundings! When you have a beautiful, quality product the true fiber lovers will be drawn to it.

It's Sheepish Annie, here in Maine. I found you when I was looking at my sitemeter stats and following referrals. You'd linked to me so I wandered over. Glad I did!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger jeanius said...

hi! i am jeanie from washinton usa. i found your site through your profile from a comment you left on dysfunktional knitters blog. i also recently listened to lime n violet's podcast about you and estes park festival.
your fibers are very beautiful. i am a very new spinner !! and i am excited to try all sorts of fibers!

 
At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,

I've been reading your blog for several years now, and I've bought roving from you. I think I purchased it under my husband's paypal account. We live in Baldwinsville, NY.

Anyhoo, I think I found you by googling.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Spinster said...

Hello
What beautiful hand dyed roving!!

I am from Ontario, Canada and found your page on the lime and violet site while looking up dyeing techniques for yarn. I've only ever tried koolaid so this really beautiful stuff is so exciting to see. I saw the photo you posted and followed the link to your blog to read more.

The roving looks beautiful, hope you have many hours of fun painting it all up!
Heidi

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Morandia said...

I'm from Jonesboro, Arkansas and although I've seen the link on Lime and Violet, I originally found you when searching for hand dyed fiber using google. I've also seen your etsy store. Wow... I can't seem to get away from you *GRIN*

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from BC, Canada, and I found you through the Lime and Violet message boards. Your fibres are beautiful!

Nicole
ikkinlala AT yahoo DOT ca

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger KnittingFairy said...

Alissa in Dallas,Tx. I found your website through the WAS message boards.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger pigbook1 said...

Limenviolet

I'm originally from Oregon but I live in Mass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home