Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Kathy's Hat


This is a hat I have been comissioned to make as a Christmas Gift. It is knit with dudleyspinner handspun that is finer than sock yarn, on size 00 needles. There is really subtle green and red in with the black. It is to have removable dreadlocks attached when it is done. Kathy likes black, and wears it most of the time. She is an art professor.

I gave Kathy this pair of handspun, handknit socks. She put them on the wall as art!

I NEED HELP!

I have the hat to the point where the size is large enough for the top and can start doing something interesting. What should I do next? I would love to add colors, but she likes black. What about some texture stitches? Any ideas are welcome.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Liz said...

how about adding a bit o sparkle,like a strand of black shiny silk, or something like that. And guess what i love black, but I am learning to like black with rich deep colours alongside, babysteps babysteps, maybe its is that art education thing hmmmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home