Sunday, October 16, 2005

Free Form Crochet Keep me Warm One Night

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have been working on this freeform afghan for the past few weeks. It is made of small bits and pieces that are scrumbles, joined together.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Watermelon motiff

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I rediscovered this mohair in my stash and made these motiffs that will be added. The rainbow motiff is wool yarn from needlepoint kits. I pick up the kits that have wool yarn at yard sales and thrift stores. I have a huge collection of many colors!

Free form is so much fun. I am making this afghan for my daughter, she moved to her own place and every time I hear about high heating bills this winter, I crochet another motiff for the afghan. It is mostly wool, and it weighs about two and a half pounds now. It is warm!

I think this is my therapy afghan, I know it is time for her to be on her own, but I want her to be warm and safe. I have ended up working on this instead of some things I should have been doing. A few more motiffs and I will call it done.
Ta,
Deb
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger CraftyCritter said...

How very cool Deb! All those Mama vibes full of love, care and worry going into that blanket...amazing!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Lynlee said...

Awesome!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Looks great!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh. Freeform crochet. Reminds me of the time Cara and I dropped by my LYS and found Prudence Mapstone doing a freeform crochet workshop. Yours is absolutely beautiful! I love all those swirls.

- MJ

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite possibly the luckiest daughter in the world *hugs* I love you Mom, bunches and bunches. It's lovely, and I'm sure it's going to keep me very warm, but my absolute favorite is still the shawl that goes with me to every SCA event, you really must post a picture of that.

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I love the watermelon and there is one section that looks like a cat...is it?

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Kate,
There isn't an intentional cat, but there are shapes that could look like a cat! LOL The afghan goes home with the daughter this weekend. She loves it. So it was worth all the time, and not doing some things I "should" have been doing.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home