Friday, October 27, 2006

Hand dyed roving, Combed Top

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Alton a hand dyed roving from dudleyspinner

If you are a fiber artist, spinner, knitter, crocheter etc.etc.
have you ever told someone that it is what helps keep you sane, in a joking, toungue in cheek manner?
I know I have. Now that I am not able to do those creative things without paying a high price in immobility, I am not laughing my ass off. There is far more truth to saying these things keep me sane than I ever wanted to admit.

Ahh well, such is life.
Deb


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Aurora is a hand painted combed top available from dudleyspinner

3 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I love looking at handpainted spinning fibers. I just see possibilities. It is always amazing to me how two people can spin the same roving in the same colorway and get two distinctly different yarns.

I do find some sanity in the creativity, particularly spinning. I think it has something to do with the connection to the past, the calming effects of a turning wheel and the like...

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Oh, Deb! Alton is the stuff of dreams! You have captured autumn leaves littering the forest floor perfectly!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Medium Reality said...

those are both beautiful! It makes me want to go back to letting you choose all my colors ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home